Oculus Developer Forums

Can we get a processing/shipping update FFS?

Share and discuss any and all Oculus related topics.

Can we get a processing/shipping update FFS?

Postby StevenC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:15 am

CyberReality, why do you avoid posting on the shipping/processing threads? Simply ignoring people's questions about shipping doesn't help anyone. Any news would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's bad news (i.e problems/delays in shipment), I'm sure the community would appreciate knowing; No one likes being left in the dark - especially if it's something that they're excited about.

There are many of us in NA who have ordered the Rift early August and would like to know when to expect a processing email at the very least.

Order ID: 0650XX
Purchase Date: Aug 6, 2013 06:19 PM PDT
StevenC

Re: Can we get a processing/shipping update FFS?

Postby Hadtstec » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:24 am

wow, calm it there buddy. You ordered your Rift last month and think its appropriate to shout about shipping updates?
DK1 Order#: 056XXX - SHIPPED
DK2 Order#: JT-0139XXX - PENDING
Hadtstec

Postby virror » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:30 am

Yeah, one month is not long for a rift at all.
virror

Postby israfel » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:36 am

Hadtstec wrote:wow, calm it there buddy. You ordered your Rift last month and think its appropriate to shout about shipping updates?

I don't see why it's not appropriate. Not asking for much. Just a simple sentence by someone in the know to give insight to the hundreds of people who are biting their nails waiting. Him and many like him have been waiting longer than a months time now. It may have taken longer when the rifts were first coming out but now there are people outside of NA that receive theirs in a week. Totally understandable frustration.
israfel

Postby Danamir » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:44 am

I'll go on posting this url on every shipping thread but...

Go on riftorders.aws.af.cm , order by update date shows that NA shipping are ongoing and somewhere between 62xxx-63xxx . Of course an official comment would be welcome, but in the meantime use what tools are available to follow shipping progression.

You're almost there, hang on! ;)
Danamir

Postby ollywatt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:54 am

StevenC wrote:CyberReality, why do you avoid posting on the shipping/processing threads?

Probably because trawling through the forums and posting on every single impatient shipping thread is a monumental waste of time; time that could be spent on the development of the product.

They're shipping these things out as fast as they can, and there's more than enough information out there to get a rough estimate on when to expect the dev kit.
/Olly
ollywatt

Postby israfel » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:00 am

ollywatt wrote:
StevenC wrote:CyberReality, why do you avoid posting on the shipping/processing threads?

Probably because trawling through the forums and posting on every single impatient shipping thread is a monumental waste of time; time that could be spent on the development of the product.

They're shipping these things out as fast as they can, and there's more than enough information out there to get a rough estimate on when to expect the dev kit.

Cybereality has a "Official Shipping Update Thread" that hasn't been updated since August 14th. His job title is also Community Manager so he's not spending time actually developing the product.
israfel

Postby carbattery34 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:55 am

Based on what I've been reading, 65xxx+ orders likely won't be shipped until mid/late October, putting delivery for many people in this group into early/mid November. Find something else to occupy your time for at least another month. NA orders are waaaaaaay backlogged and only getting worse.

Anyone considering order a rift now should stop. If you're in the US, you won't be getting it until early 2014 by the look of things. Just save your money, be patient, and buy the much improved consumer version next year.
carbattery34

Postby Furinex » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:16 am

carbattery34 wrote:Based on what I've been reading, 65xxx+ orders likely won't be shipped until mid/late October, putting delivery for many people in this group into early/mid November. Find something else to occupy your time for at least another month. NA orders are waaaaaaay backlogged and only getting worse.

Anyone considering order a rift now should stop. If you're in the US, you won't be getting it until early 2014 by the look of things. Just save your money, be patient, and buy the much improved consumer version next year.

How did you come to this conclusion. 1000 units per region, last shipment was late aug. Seems like late sept might be a good time frame for people with orders 6500-7500
Furinex

Postby jamesh2263 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:20 am

Hey guys i am from the uk and my order number is 0706XX so im guessing ill be waiting a while do you think

cant wait to be able to put my rift on but i feel like it might be a while until it arrives what do you guys think i know its only estimating but would be happy with a reply until then ill just have to get going on my project

thanks in advance guys

CANT WAIT TO STEP INTO THE RIFT PEEPS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
jamesh2263

Postby carbattery34 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:33 am

Furinex wrote:
carbattery34 wrote:Based on what I've been reading, 65xxx+ orders likely won't be shipped until mid/late October, putting delivery for many people in this group into early/mid November. Find something else to occupy your time for at least another month. NA orders are waaaaaaay backlogged and only getting worse.

How did you come to this conclusion. 1000 units per region, last shipment was late aug. Seems like late sept might be a good time frame for people with orders 6500-7500

Some of the last NA orders only recently shipped, so people will be getting them either this week or next. That's after having been put in processing towards the end of last month. It's likely the 65xxx+ batch won't get processing until the end of the month, which puts shipping to around mid October.
carbattery34

Postby OculusAsh » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:07 am

Ohh man, you guy's know the very worst thing about the months upon months of wait for the Rift DK?
It's the slow but certain realisation that you HAVE to get the consumer model and you are in for another wait - one that is much longer than the months you waited for the dev kit.... :lol: :| :cry:
OculusAsh

Postby jamesh2263 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks guys I had not seen the replies before I posted my comment hope fully then mu order 0706XX should get to processing by the end of this month.

It's hard not to check the vr sales page like 100 tomes a day even though I know I have a wait but can't help it now lol

one quick thing too don't know if this is the right thread but I have a gaming laptop with one Hdmi output do you guys know if I would be able to use a Hdmi splitter with the Rift so I can have my plasma TV as a screen as well as the Rift just throwing it out there and reply would be fantastic

thanks in advance

James
jamesh2263

Postby subversed » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm pretty confident an email notification is sent out when an order changes to processing, and shipping.

No need to flash the sales page every hour.

I understand your frustration, and it is not really the wait time you are upset with. Just being updated on what is happening with your order.

The shipping update is pretty well up to date. If nothing has changed, why would a company update it? (example reasons to update: complications with customs, courier, office bungee jump trip and rope was too long, etc)

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1917

I dunno - new companies usually build to order and don't have a warehouse filled. It's a developer kit...why stock a warehouse?!
subversed

Postby cybereality » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Sorry for the delay. I'm trying to get an update together for later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.
Oculus VR - Community Manager
cybereality
Team Oculus Team Oculus

Postby jokimazi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:06 pm

jamesh2263 wrote:Hey guys i am from the uk and my order number is 0706XX so im guessing ill be waiting a while do you think

cant wait to be able to put my rift on but i feel like it might be a while until it arrives what do you guys think i know its only estimating but would be happy with a reply until then ill just have to get going on my project

thanks in advance guys

CANT WAIT TO STEP INTO THE RIFT PEEPS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bought one for my best friend in Latvia [Europe] on 30th of August, order number: 69551, he received it on 12/09/2013 despite UPS website saying it will arrive by the end of the day of 13/09/2013. :D

You should get yours very soon. It was moving across UK within 3-4 days. I had to wait mine for 4 months. April order with order number: 48517, based in Crawley, UK.
jokimazi

Postby jamesh2263 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Thanks jokimazi for your reply

that's great I do hope I get it soon but I know so many people are waiting ahead of me it's a shame oculus can't manufacturer 1000s at a time but it is a Dev kit and I know it will be worth the wait when it finally arrives

as many of you have I have dreamed of vr Reality for years now and it's so nice to hear so many positive things about the Rift and more than just a gaming gadget I'm much more interested in the experience side of things like experiencing dreams and imaginations

the Rift opens up so many possibilities for developers imaginations to run wild and create atmospheres and places we could never go to or really experience

I personally can't wait for a consumer version and also the jurassic Park tour experience to happen I have always wanted to go to that place since seeing the film as a kid imagine being in the car on rails and the power going out looking up through the glass roof of the car seeing the rain beating on the roof then just seeing a humongous t Rex squaring up to you that my friends is an experience like no other I would think

thanks again guys I love this community
jamesh2263

Postby jamesh2263 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:27 am

Hey cyber reality any update for us rifters at all thanks mate
jamesh2263

Postby cybereality » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:46 am

Oculus VR - Community Manager
cybereality
Team Oculus Team Oculus

Postby mothhive » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:50 am

Thanks for the update!

cybereality wrote:A heads-up: we're starting a new production run to keep up with demand, but there will be a delay in shipping for new orders starting very soon.

Just a question about the above quote, does that mean anyone that orders as of now will experience delays, or does that mean that anyone that hasn't had delivery yet will experience delays?
mothhive

Next

Return to Oculus General Discussion