This is a horror game demo made by me with Unity to showcase the wonderful combination of the immersive Oculus Rift VR Headset, the Razer Hydra as a fitting input device and a spooky forest scene. You walk around a dark forest with a flashlight in your hands, which can be controlled through the Razer Hydra controller. Your goal is a shed at the end of your walk.
Playing this with headphones
on is highly recommended!Basic Setup:
Before starting the game demo, place the Razer Hydra base in front of you (with the cables facing away from you). Also make sure that the Rift is facing the same direction as you sit in. Now start up the game. Follow the advice on the screen, when it tells you to press the trigger. Make sure you are pressing the controllers' trigger in the correct order. If your hands don't move, press the start button on each of the controllers to enable hand movement. Now you're good to go.Controls in general:
"F" on your keyboard or "Y"-button on your gamepad or "1"-button on your right hydra controller to toggle your flashlight.
"B" on your keyboard or "D-Pad down"-button on your gamepad or "4"-button on your right hydra controller to recenter your view.
F10 to toggle the OVR Overlay menu (fps, ipd etc).
Escape and then Enter to exit the game.Control Scheme "Sitting":
The good ol' standard. Use your mouse/gamepad joystick/hydra joystick to turn around.Control Scheme "Standing":
Don't trip over tree roots. You'll walk in the direction you're looking in.Control Scheme "Alternative Hydra":
Happy to try out new things? Then choose this mode! Stick your left hydra controller into your shirt and pick up your right hydra controller. You'll walk in the direction your body is facing, while still being able to freely look around.
(Be sure to press the "Start"-button after you've attached the left controller to your chest.)Download for Windows: http://goo.gl/lWma8N (Mega)Download for Mac OSX (only with beta Hydra support): http://goo.gl/bG9qTO (Mega)Download for Linux (x86_64)(no Hydra support released by Sixense yet):http://goo.gl/3Cp5AZ (Mega)
(goo.gl's Link shortener service is being used to track basic public download stats.)Changelog:
- Reworked controls
- Updated to Oculus SDK 0.2.5
- Added recenter functionality
- Added Linux support
- Added proper GUI texts
- Fixed issues with lightmapping
- Removed faulty occlusion culling
- Fixed minor bugs in the game event scripts
- Some minor asset/texture polishing
- Improved water shader/texture
- Now uses Occlusion Culling for performance boost
- Added Bumpmapping to all textures
- Minor graphical fixes/improvements
- Added a Mac OSX version (not yet tested)
- New control schemes available ("Sitting", "Standing", "Alternative Hydra")
- Updated to Oculus SDK 0.2.3
- Redesigned the water
- Fixed some colliders
- Fixed the spawning script
- Removed some debugging stuff
- Added a proper skybox to the scene.
- Added support to direct the flashlight with the mouse or right gamepad joystick.
- Flashlight can now be turned on/off by pressing "F" or by pressing the "A"-Button on the gamepad or by pressing the "1"-Button on the right hydra controller
- Some minor fixes/cleanups
- Performance fixes. Greatly improved fps.
- Initial Release
I hope you like my little demo
Any kind of feedback is appreciated.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter:
I'm frequently posting updates and news on the upcoming "Episode 2" of "Lost in the Rift". Stay tuned
If you want to tip me so I can buy more awesome texture/asset packs and stuff ..
My bitcoin wallet ID: 16vaN8ahvUMnnZ9Y4A8Y4c56QKdFSFNr61