Edited to add:
*** NOTE! The Steam Pipe beta shipped in summer of 2013. You don't need to opt into that beta anymore. ***
This port is a bit more raw than TF2 was when it shipped, so we would appreciate hearing about any bugs you find. Just like in TF2 this mode is experimental, so we really want to hear what you think.
A few known issues:
- If you clone your desktop monitor to the Rift it won't work very well. You can work around this by picking full screen in the video options.
All of the convars are the same as they were in TF2 with two additions:
vr_viewmodel_offset_forward - Moves the viewmodel back so the elbows are harder to see and it feels more attached to your body.
vr_viewmodel_offset_forward_large - Same as vr_viewmodel_offset_forward, but for the Gravity Gun.
I find these convars to be useful in the game itself, so consider setting them:
Edited to add this:
The calibrator isn't up and running in HL2, but you can use the one in TF2 to generate the appropriate values. You should definitely do this to avoid eye strain and make the whole experience more pleasant.
- Run TF2 and calibrate using vr_calibration.
- Look at the vr_separation_user_inches convar and remember what it is set to
- Run HL2 and set that convar to the same value.
- Set vr_separation_toein_pixels to 0 in HL2
You should launch TF2 and run vr_calibration. See what vr_separation_user_inches is set to and set the same